Pagina's

vrijdag 22 maart 2013

Maart voor Bead Journal Project. March for Bead Journal Project

Ik doe mee met een groep kralenkunstenaars (bjp2013) en maak elke maand een werkstuk met kralen. I joined a group of bead artists (bjp2013) and make every month a bead project.


Deze maand heb ik voor groen en blauw gekozen.
This month I chose blue and green beads

 
Omdat het de derde maand is heb ik de driehoek als basisidee.
While it is the third month I used the triangle for my project

Vanwege de commentaren ben ik er wat dieper ingedoken: de vergelijking met de iris dringt zich op en met een boslelie. Ik maak wel een nieuw item
Because of the comments I looked it up: the resemblance with the Iris and the Trillium. I'll make a new item.  


In haar commentaar komt April Z. dicht bij de waarheid: zij heeft het over een embleem van het eiland Mann met drie benen. De werkelijkheid is dat ik geïnspireerd ben door het embleem van de Indonesische ketjap Kaki tiga, dat drie voeten betekent. (ik ben op Borneo (Kalimantan) geboren in Indonesië en ken dus anderhalf woord Indonesisch)
April Z. is very CLOSE when she suggests that my design resembles the isle of Mann logo with three legs. The truth is that my first inspiration was the logo of Kaki Tiga, a ketjap brand from Indonesia. (I was born in the island Borneo (Kalimantan) and know some Indonesian words)
Balsam Cap Kaki Tiga



ketjap kaki tiga medja 






Wapen

File:Flag of the Isle of Man.svg

Wel heb ik ooit!, dankzij April ook het wapen van het eiland Man
What ever, thanks to April also the insignia  of the Isle of Man.







File:Coat of arms of Sicily.svg
En wat te denken van het wapen van Sicilië?
And what about the flag and logo of Sicily? 

Op Wikipedia heet het 
Wikipedia calls it

Triskelion

 

 

 

 

 Triskelion uit Gotland op de Slangenhekssteen

10 opmerkingen:

  1. I like the colour combination as well as the pattern. The blue centre reminds me of a windmill (I mean the small edition that is mounted on a wooden stick).

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I see what you mean. Dutch windmills???...Who knows. You can also see an Iris in it. That's the Latin name for Lis,

      Verwijderen
  2. Turned out beautiful..are these going to be buttons or pins?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I love blue and green...it reminds me of spring!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Beautiful design quality to this, Lies! It reminds me of the flower trillium, wind mills, and a blue wildflower (can't think of its name). Super nice pin!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you Robin. I didn't know the Trillium. I looked it up and (YES, you are right!) when I saw it the flower reminded me of a very rare flower, the Paris quadrifolius (OK, 4 leafs, but even so...), but that is also a Lily. We call that one "One berry". How a beaded pin can lead to interesting flowers.

      Verwijderen
  5. To continue the theme of '3' - this pin reminds me of the emblem of the Isle of Man (of motor racing fame). It is called a 'triskelion' or 3 legs of man. You have beaded the little feet too - great!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yes April, you are so close! I adjusted my blog to reveal the "truth"...

      Verwijderen
  6. Nou heb ik nooit! (or something like that!)

    What an interesting thread of discussion. That is the fun of commenting - you never know where it's going to lead and what you are going to learn.

    What will the month of April bring??

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen